Saturday, February 21, 2015



Ottawa- I recalled clearly Ada's diner as I frequently order their Philly chesse steak before I take the bus back to Montreal for the weekend. I moved back to Ottawa last November. I was unaware there was a change of owners. I only knew when I set foot back to the now-called Wilf and Ada's - A Scratch Diner. From the outside, I didn't notice any obvious changes, but the décor is completely renovated. It's now bright and clean which surely attracts the foodie crowd.

The menu is small, but there is definitely something for everyone. As their name suggests, every element of their menu is made in-house from scratch - bread, peanut butter, cured bacon, vinaigrette, etc... Every item on their menu can be made gluten-free. 

To get my palate started, I opted for their homemade sun brewed iced tea. It is lightly sweetened, strong roasty taste of the tea leaves and freshen up with lemon juice. 


There were a few interesting brunch options to choose from. I ended up going for the Eggs in Purgatory - two eggs poached in a chunky tomato sauce served with arugula, thin slices of Parmesan and two slices of toasts for dipping, and a side of roasted potatoes. The tomato sauce is spicy yet lightly sweet, the eggs are nice and runny, the arugula adds a nice contrast of freshness and the parmesan brings an element of saltiness to tie the whole dish together. 

Overall, the taste is fresh and clean. I'll definitely grab lunch again at Wilf and Ada's next time I use the Greyhound bus.

Wilf & Ada's
510 Bank St.
Ottawa, ON
(613) 231-7959
Wilf & Ada's on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
// //